Friday, March 2, 2012

No more yearly goals

I always make New Years Resolutions. ALWAYS! I love goals. I am an ambitious woman....for the first few days and then I sink right back into being lazy or unmotivated. NO MORE! If you're one of these women, let's pretend this is some epic moment like in a movie. Raise your fist in the air and shout "NO MORE!" Ha, all I am seeing in my head is Scarlett O'Hara standing on the fields of Tara saying "As God as my witness, I'll never be hungry again!" Ok, back to the point:

FORGET YEAR RESOLUTIONS. I heard just today that most people have stopped their new years resolutions by the beginning of February. For whatever reason, it's hard to change, to complete a new task, etc. So, let's forget about year resolutions.

How about weekly resolutions or even monthly ones. Go buy a notebook. Composition notebooks are so cool in their own way and they're like less than a $1 at Wal-Mart. Go buy a notebook, use your day timer, your journal, anything to keep track of these goals. WRITE THEM DOWN AND READ OVER THEM DAILY OR WEEKLY. And don't be scared to adjust them if needed.

I've decided that I'm going to do both: weekly and monthly resolutions. For example, one of my resolutions (goals) is to read my Bible more. So, for my weekly resolutions, I want to have read a book of the Bible. A monthly resolution of mine is to go try something new: a new restaurant, talking to a stranger, swimming in a lake where there's possible alligators (lol), etc. You get the idea!

I promise it will help you in becoming more of the woman you desire to be. We need to start smaller sometimes in order to bring about real change. Have fun with it and we'd love to know how well you keep up with your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment