Tuesday, January 24, 2012

All the Single Ladies (oh oh oh)

Every little girl wants to be a Princess. *ahem* Even us adult girls want to be Princesses! As women, I think we're attracted to the glamour, the confidence, the beauty, the PINK (maybe that's more me), and the whole "fairy tale" life. Maybe it's because there is a Prince Charming in those fairy tales. So, on the topic of Prince Charming...

What are you single ladies attracted to? I remember being in high school and reading all of Michelle McKinney Hammond's books for single women. I wanted to be a wife and a mother more than anything and so all those topics interested me. I wanted to know the kind of Christian lady I needed to be to attract Mr.Right. Not "Mr. Right Now" but "Mr. RIGHTeous!" In one of Michelle's books she says that you'll recognize your Prince Charming when he comes because he'll remind you of your Father: your Heavenly Father.

I was first attracted to my husband because I thought he was GOOOOODDD Looking and then we started to get to know each other and sure enough, he reminded me of Christ. Christ, who is our best sweetheart; our first love. It's the characteristics of Christ that we should be looking for in our future spouses. It's those traits that will carry your marriage through hard times and will give your husband the strength to be the Head of your marriage and family.

So ladies, don't settle on Mr.Right Now or Mr.Charming. Wait for that Prince, that reminder of Christ. I wasted too many kisses and sweet words on guys who are nothing but lost memories for me. Those kisses and sweet words should have been locked on reserve for one man only: my husband. Yes, it's easy for me to say that now that I am married and have a family but trust me ladies, your husband will be worth the wait.

I'm not saying don't date but I am saying not to settle. Pray about your relationships. If you're scared to pray about your current relationship then that may be a red flag that you already know it's not what's best for you.

Here's a couple GREAT books to read:



While singing "One day my Prince Will Come" ~

3 comments:

  1. I think one of the most attractive qualities in a guy is the way that he treats kids and the way that he talks about his family. My roommates and I (all of us being single at the moment) talk about this a lot and we all agree. It is extremely attractive when a guy goes out of his way to be kind to a kid. And if he also talks about his mom/dad/siblings in a sweet way... well you might as well propose right then! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What has become one of the more attractive qualities to me in the last few years... is respect. A man who is respectful, to others but also to me if I were to be his significant other... to me as a seperate person with passions and desires and goals. Another that is a number one for me is humility and genuineness even when that means he may have to admit or share things that are difficult to do so...

    ReplyDelete