Monday, January 30, 2012

Will You Pray With Me?

Recently a friend shared a story with me regarding marriage and prayer that her friend had experienced. The implications of it were eye opening to me and have caused a change in my life. It is my hope that the story will impact you as well.

This girl was on the plane heading home from vacation and started a conversation with the people next to her. They were talking about where they had been and what they were doing there. She was shocked as the men openly shared with her. They told her once a year they attended a retreat type event  in which a lot of people gathered. The purpose of the retreat was to appeal to the devil for pastors to have affairs that would ruin their lives, the lives of their families, and their ministries. Think about that for a second...that is pure evil. When I heard this I thought immediately of John 10:10a, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy." This definitely sounds like the work of the enemy to me. 

Luckily as Christians we know there is a second part to that verse John 10:10b, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Jesus is here for us. For our marriages. For our families. For our part in the advancement of His Kingdom. He wants us to bring all things to him in prayer. Like I mentioned before, this story impacted me. It made me realize that I do not prayer nearly enough for the important relationships in my life. If there are people that can gather to wish evil for my life, you best believe I need to battle them in prayer. It is just like Ephesians 6:12 says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

So ladies, will you commit to joining me this week in prayer for our husbands, significant others, and church leaders?

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! That almost made my heart stop. I'm right with ya Josie. Thanks for sharing this post. I know it's really impacted some ladies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete