Monday, January 30, 2012

In the meantime...BE GORGEOUS

Most women have goals of losing weight. (Even the skinny ones) And I don't know if you think like me but most of the time my mind thinks: "When I finally lose that weight THEN I'll be so pretty. I'll dress like *blank*, I'll do my hair like *blank*, I'll wear my make-up more *blank*, etc." It's like I think I have to wait to lose the weight to "finally" be pretty or to wear cute outfits. Anyone with me on that?!!!

WELL FORGET THAT HONEY!

Why do we think like that? Let's be pretty now. Let's wear those heels now. Let's get those trendy haircuts and buy that new dress...NOW! Don't wait to lose the weight to then look your best. Look your best RIGHT NOW! I love the quote "There are no ugly women, just lazy ones." Sister, I have SO many lazy days....
 But I want to feel pretty right now and not keep waiting to lose weight to feel that way. This will really help in building true confidence because you'll be feeling good at whatever stage you're in: at 120 Ibs. or 200+ Ibs. I want to share some fun ways we can be gorgeous while we're working hard at losing those extra pounds. SO........

You're trying to lose weight. Good for you!! In the meantime....

TRY A NEW SHADE OF LIPSTICK (or Gloss) to add a little more glam to your already beautiful face.

How about trying a Chocolate lipstick shade
OR
Hot Pink (my personal fav!)
OR
 Dark Red 
Just have fun with it! I bet you'll find a shade of lipstick that will make you feel confident and gorgeous and you won't have to wait on losing those extra pounds to feel pretty.

3 comments:

  1. My hubby and I were just talking about this tonight. I feel like I still look like the person I did when I was 60 pounds heavier. And my exact thought was when I lose the last 30 pounds that's when I'll know I'm pretty. Thank you for the encouragement to feel good and look our best now. :) love it! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful post!!!! This is SO true! Most the women I know (including myself) get caught in that trap. Almost a year after having my first kid I finally got the better perspective and tried looking my best where I was. Funny thing is that's when I really started working to taqke off the weight. I guess because I already felt better about myself. I really needed this reminder, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's easier to work on losing that weight when we're already investing the time to look our best. It's a lot harder when you feel down or are being lazy. xoxo.

      Delete