Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fashion Diaries

Have you ever been inspired by an outfit of a celebrity, a friend, or maybe someone on the street? Or have you ever seen a single article of clothing and your mind races with outfit possibilities? Have you ever felt your mood change based on what you were wearing? Is there an outfit that you have seen that has completely challenged your perceptions of fashion? These things happen to me daily. I absolutely love fashion and how it can say so much and make you feel so much. I want to share with you some of my recent fashion inspirations.

Last week when I was in Vegas, my friend and I did a little window shopping at the Bellagio. It is basically the equivalent of 5th Avenue in New York. I saw this beautiful dress in the window of the Burberry store. I was taken back by the structure on the front of the dress. It is a little hard to see here, but is was so beautiful. I feel like the construction of this dress would flatter any girl. 

Photo Credit

Have any of you ladies checked out the Jason Wu collection at Target?! Amazing! I love it when Target does these affordable collections with incredible designers. {It is my prayer one day that Betsey Johnson will do one} Look at this dress.

The color scheme is brilliant and it is so fun and flirty. I could imagine wearing several different colored nylons with this and a fun pair of yellow shoes to match the belt. 

Something that has challenged my perceptions of fashion lately has been the pink and red trend. I remember seeing someone walking through our hotel lobby and thinking, "What is she wearing?" I stopped in my tracks and instantly goggled red and pink (remember how I told you I google everything?) to see if I was missing something, and sure enough it is a hot trend. Look at all these ladies in red and pink.

Sidenote: I LOVE Emma Stone

So ladies you are probably thinking, what does this have to do with me? Well to you, I say a lot.  Fashion is all around us. It is unavoidable. What you chose to wear is an expression of yourself. It says a lot about you and how you feel about yourself. I don't believe that you should spend a ton of money chasing after the latest fashions, because that is silly. I do think though, it is important to develop a personal style that makes you look good and feel good about yourself. There is nothing wrong with investing in your appearance (as long as it doesn't become an idol in your life). I also challenge you to take risks. Try something new and unexpected every now and then. The key to looking good is having confidence in yourself! I have heard so many girls say I could never wear that. If you believe that, then it is true because you were feel uncomfortable and people will sense that. So the next time you are inspired by an outfit or someone's personal style, take note and give it a try.

What are a couple of words that describe your personal style? What words do you wish described your personal style?



2 comments:

  1. Okay. Now I'm going to spend my lunch break looking up clothing online... starting at Target. Online window shopping? Sure. :)
    Words to describe what... my personal style? Um. I don't know. :P :) Casually classic? Ha. Simple?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have my own style so I'm not sure what words would describe me but I'd like to add more classic items to my wardrobe. i LOVE 50's fashion. ~ Jill

    ReplyDelete