Friday, February 3, 2012

PASSION

Well ladies, what are you passionate about? I mean REALLY passionate about?! Is it your job, your ministry, your family, a cause, evangelism? Whatever it is, are you pursuing it? Are you following your passions to then be a huge asset to whatever or whoever it is you're giving your full drive to?

Maybe you're really passionate about something but don't know how or where to begin. For me, I am really passionate about women's ministry; mainly on helping young women feel confident in Christ and not the standards society places on us. I felt really inadequate to do anything in this area for a long time. I felt like I didn't have a voice. Thankfully, God does and He is more than willing to speak through me. So, the first step that I've chosen in following this passion is getting my degree in Women's Ministry. Also, doing this blog.

We have to get our feet wet. Jump in. Smack down all those doubts and fears. One of my favorite songs right now is from the musical Wicked: "Defying Gravity". (love the Glee version)

Take a chance! Don't let time pass by any longer if you're not pursuing your passions.

God's given us all different talents and gifts to be used! USE THEM GIRLS!

I hope this was encouraging to someone who may be feeling like they're going no where or are scared to make a move. Move honey! You've gotta take those first steps in order to take off and soar!


2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I am passionate about being the best wife I can to my amazing husband, children (like being a kind heart in the rough world we live in) and about serving at the place called Give Kids the world (check it out if you haven't) which works with Make a Wish Foundation to give families with a child with a terminal illness a week down in Orlando to spend away from the everyday life and all the troubles they have as well as give them tickets to all 4 Disney Parks, both Universal Parks, Sea World and other places they want to go. Thanks for the awesome reminder about being passionate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Defying Gravity the Glee version.. I listen to it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete