Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Xmen


My husband and I watched X-MEN today. I have a nerd side to me and enjoy these movies and thought of this post. 
In Greek, the X stands for Christ. It's the reason some people say "Merry Xmas!" So, go with me here:
We are X-men. 
stay with me
CHRIST-Men...ahem* Christ-women! 
We are the aliens, the mutants if you will, of this world. We do not belong. We're different. This applies to everyone who has accepted Christ as their Savior and live for Him. 

"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul." ~ 1 Peter 2:11

We are at war; daily. We have a real enemy out there whose passion is to see that Christians fall and that non-Christians never become one. 

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." ~ 1 Peter 5:8

We have to be on our guard daily. Taking up our spiritual armor and be ready for any temptation and trial that comes our way. 

"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." ~ Ephesians 6:11

So today, guard yourself with Scripture and Prayer. We are Christ-women; Christians. I am proud to say that. And I want to be ready for anything this world or the devil throws my way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment