Monday, February 20, 2012

Keys.Locks.Life

Good morning. I hope that the beginning of your week is going well. My prayer is that your eyes are open to how God is moving in your life. Some seasons it can be very apparent {which is where I currently am} and others it can be a lot harder. Wherever you are, I encourage you to press on ladies! I had a different post in mind, but I was led to share something else. In the middle of the night my cell phone alerted me. I usually don't wake up for these things, but it must have been important. It was a ministry update from my former co-worker and friend Ash. She is currently doing The World Race in which she serves in 11 different countries in 11 months. She is currently in month 5 serving in Cambodia. Ash is an amazing lady who loves the Lord. She is full of life and is an inspiration to me. Her update spoke straight to my heart, so I thought I'd share it with you ladies:

It all came to me when I spent 4 minutes trying to unlock this door. 



The combination of the hot and humid weather, and me just biking there, made me feel super anxious to get inside to the one osculating fan in my classroom. 

You know what happens with keys and locks when you are impatient. I was trying over and over the 3 keys I have because they all look alike. "Nope not that one, okay not that one, it has to be this one. Really? Okay I'll try this one again. What the heck! Maybe it was that one. Are you kidding me right now!"

After 4 mins (which seamed like 10) of trying and trying, with sweat starting to run, I had to take a step back. 

It made me think. How often in my life have I thought I knew which key it was? When that didn't work I tried another one, then another one. Trying with my own will to fix the problem, to open the door to what I wanted, to get results by using my own logic and reasoning. 

God has been breaking me of myself. 
Reminding me that even though I want to do everything, sometimes I need to take a step back, take a deep breath and let God do the work. I need to hand the keys over instead of getting impatient and trying to do it myself. I keep thinking, no I've got it God. I can do this one, let me keep trying.  He keeps reminding me that I can keep trying but it might just be easier if I take a step back and let Him. You know that whole let go and let God? Yeah God is taking me through that again. It's not that I do it on purpose, I know God doesn't need my help, I just like doing things. But by me trying to "do things" in my own strength and my own will, I am basically being silly, standing there trying key after key after key when God is telling me "Ash...Ash, take a step back... I've got the key."

Pray that I can let go of trying to do things from my own strength and let God.

Love, 
Ash

This is so simple but true. I don't know about you, but I can relate. Are there any areas of your life that you know which key it is? Could God be asking you to let go? Please pray for Ash as she continues on her journey. If you would like to hear more of her story or track her progress here is the address to her blog ashgarcia.theworldrace.org



1 comment:

  1. Wow. So fitting for me right now. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete