Thursday, February 2, 2012

What Type of Shoe Are You

I absolutely love this quote! I love how something as simple as a shoe can be magical at times. Shoot, look what a pair of shoes did for little Miss Cinderella. There are days that I am feeling blah and I throw on my favorite pair of red leather cowboy boots with sparkly buckles and I suddenly become more confident.  However, it really isn't the shoe that is magical, the key is how we view ourselves. 

My closet is full of many wonderful shoes:

Metallic Green Stilettos
Round Toe Pumps
Two Toned Open Toe Wedges
Classy Black Heels
Red Leather Cowboy Boots
Floral Wedges
Cream Kitten Heels
Lime Green and Pink Tennis Shoes
Polka Dot Rain Boots

Some of you are probably thinking, What does her closet have to do with how we view ourselves? We are all like the shoes in my closet. We are all created uniquely with different purposes. It would be silly of me to jump in mud puddles {which I totally recommend doing whenever possible} wearing my Metallic Green Stilettos. However, that is so often how we view other peoples' gifts and talents. We take their uniqueness and want it for ourselves; in turn, we so easily overlook what makes us stand out. Ladies, learn to embrace yourself for the way that you were created and live it out. If you are a pair of Metallic Green Stilettos go out there and shine! 


1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Such a cute way to remember how special we are to God and how we all, in our differences, make up the Body of Christ. And sidenote: If I were a pair of shoes, I'd definitely be pink heels with some glitz! xoxo

    ReplyDelete