Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Know Thyself

When I hear "Know Thyself" I immediately think of Oedipus Rex. But no worries, we are not going to be discussing Oedipus and his Greek tragedy today. But we are going to look into "Know Thyself".

Do you know you?

What makes you stand out in a crowd? What makes you cringe inside? What makes your heart skip a beat? What's something quirky and fun about you? What makes you cry? What are your passions? Who are you?
Recently I've gotten to know myself better and there were a lot of surprises. I think I started to "rediscover" myself. Here are some things I've personally learned about myself just lately:

I am really down to earth.
I treasure modesty in myself and other Christian women.
I really care about education.
I had closed my heart to foreign missions.

I challenge you this week to get to know yourself and to really think about who you are.
It's important to know you. How can we accomplish our goals, truly make positive changes, have true relationships, be vulnerable, make an impact, or have real confidence if we do not really know ourselves? Take some time to discover the wonder and beauty that God gave you when He made you, you! If you don't know where to begin, start with prayer for a clear and open heart. Sometimes looking at our reflections may not be the funnest thing.

"Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character.  Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul."  ~Author Unknown

CHALLENGE:  I recently asked my friends on facebook to describe me.
This is a fun way to also see how others see you. Maybe it's a good place to start in discovering new and deeper things about you. Try it and let us know what you discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment